Saturday, May 1, 2010

the nostalgic cupcake

Flavor: Red Velvet/ Cream Cheese
Cost: $2.25
Location: La Dolce Diva in Englewood, NJ
First, let me start off by saying


I had the best.cupcake.ever.tonight. period.
It came as no surprise my dessert was so amazing, as I purchased it from a bakery that I had previously visited.
I found myself in Englewood this evening, a town in North Jersey I used to work in. During my visit, I made a stop into the local cupcake shop across the street from my previous employer (that is now out of business... can we say '*sweet victory'?)
This was the bakery I had gotten my first red velvet treat from, so naturally I opted for the one I knew I would enjoy. I think the saying is: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I also purchased a cupcake for my best friend, Chrissy.
Oddly enough, Chrissy now lives in an apartment complex I lived in for a year with my mother. So obviously, there was a sense of Deja Vu driving out there as well.
Before Chrissy enjoyed the chocolate one I bought for her, I gave her her first taste of red velvet cake. Needless to say, she was quite impressed.
"I think the icing was my favorite part... I was not expecting [it to be] cheesy, even though you said cream cheese."
Success! Another red velvet neophyte who loved the cake.
Maybe that will be my mission? To share the joy of red velvet cake with EVERYONE. Hear that? Go try the cake. TRY THE CAKE. It's delicious. ;)

Nom nom,
Kelly

p.s. thanks to Chrissy for taking the photo of tonight's cupcake. She's a professional photographer, so I feel honored to feature her work

*jar

4 comments:

  1. It was 2 years at Village Green... and I think I WILL try red velvet..never had it before!! Where do you suggest? In proximity to Jersey City...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i stand corrected about the village green. and i recommend taking the 20 minute drive out to englewood for this one. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sold you that cupcale!!:) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i certainly did! my favorite in NJ =)

    ReplyDelete