Tuesday, May 11, 2010

the end of the semester cupcake

Flavor: Espresso
Cost: $3.25
Location: Tart & Tufo in Morristown, NJ
A few things:
1. Today's cupcake was very special! My best friend called me on her way home and said "Would you like to get a cupcake with me?" So sweet! I haven't seen her in a while,
so it was really nice to meet up.
2. TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF THE SPRING 2010 SEMESTER! I took my French final and wrote my Art History paper, so naturally I wanted to go out and celebrate! I'm not a big drinker, so this was really my ideal way to unwind.
3. I know I've written about Tart & Tufo A LOT. But I can honestly say I think they have amazing cupcakes, and meeting up with my best friend deserved the best!
4. I've been totally wrong on the price! The employee there laughed, because he noticed on my blog I've been claiming they were cheaper then they are... oops! Trust me guys, the extra $0.75 they cost is TOTALLY worth it!

So, the whole lot of us (Chrissy, Cristofer and my two roommates John Paul and Mark) ventured into town for some late night sweet treats. Only Cristofer, Chrissy and myself got cupcakes, and Cristofer was kind enough to purchase all 3. They both decided Oreo was a good choice... I on the other hand, having written about Tart & Tufo about 4 times now, wanted to go for something unique and different. So I chose: Espresso.
It was fantastic (no surprise there). The chocolate cake, as always, was moist and delicious. The Espresso frosting was very sweet, but had such a unique flavor it really complimented the cake well. Also, an espresso cream filling was a nice surprise.
Even if you don't like coffee, I recommend this cupcake because it didn't taste like your average 'caffeinated flavored' dessert.
When we left, the kind employee treated me (pun intended =P ) to a complimentary cupcake! With risk of then having a bias on this shop (which I kinda sorta already do!), I decided to give my free treat to Chrissy to take home to her boyfriend, Sean. Sean, I hope you like it!

Nom nom,
Kelly

p.s. Thanks to Chrissy for helping me get this shot in focus! It's a great one, right?


1 comment:

  1. :):):):):):):):):):)

    I love you!!! :)

    that was fun, also the oreo was awesommeee and you know I love oreos :)

    ReplyDelete