Sunday, May 9, 2010

the cupcake my sister made

Flavor: Red Velvet/Vanilla
Cost: Free!
Location: My sister's house in Morristown, NJ
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms that read my blog!
Cristofer and I attended a dinner party at my sister Kathy's house to celebrate with my mother, her husband, Kathy's boyfriend and his parents.
She made steak for the meat eaters (I brought my own veggie burger... yum!)
My mother had never tried red velvet cake, and ever since I started this blog she's been on a mission to indulge in the delicious dessert. With that being said, I made it my mission to get her that particular flavor cupcake.
Upon learning this, my sister decided she would bake cupcakes courtesy of Duncan Hines so everyone at the party could enjoy them.
The funny thing is, everyone there knew about my blog, and I felt seven pairs of eyes watching me as I took my first bite.
"It's good," I let them know.
Cake mixes are always a classic, and I very much enjoy baked goods from friends and family. The thing is, the red velvet mix didn't taste like the cake I was used to at local bakeries. It was good, don't get me wrong, but not what I expected.
The cake itself tasted like typical chocolate, and the vanilla icing was a good match.
I opted not to take any extra home (though it was challenging to decline the week's supply I could now own) because I want a little variety to my blog.
After all, at this point, how could I eat a cupcake and not write about it?
Nom nom,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment