Saturday, May 8, 2010

the surprisingly good cupcake

Flavor: Chocolate/Oreo
Cost: $1.99
Location: Quick Chek in Madison, NJ
When I was little, I rarely ever had a home-cooked meal. With no disrespect to my mother, there were a many a nights where my sister and I had to microwave kid cuisine dinners for supper. That being said, I don't exactly have a very 'refined' palate.
Case and point: dinner tonight. Cristofer and I were both working intently on papers for school when after hours of sitting in front of our computers we realized- we're hungry.
"Let's get sushi!" Cristofer suggested. I was less then thrilled with the idea, so we opted to both get takeout and eat together at home.
With all of the endless cuisine choices I had for dinner tonight you want to know what I chose? A sandwich. From Quick Chek. A sandwich from Quick Chek... yup.
Whilst I was in the convenience store waiting for my 'made to order' dinner, I noticed a rack of 'fresh baked goods.' Sure enough, a row of cupcakes sat on top.
Now mind you, do you really think any Mrs. Fields-type employees are in the back freshly baking desserts? My guess is most likely not. But with my blog in mind, I felt compelled to try one.
I opted for the oreo because it had chocolate cake, and I have learned that if you think it's going to be crappy... it's safer to go with chocolate.
Well, I'm not sure if it was my chocolate theory or what, but the cake was pretty good! The best part was the icing... it actually tasted like the cream in the middle of Oreo cookies... yum!
I wonder if it was actually the cream or just Oreo cream flavoring? I only ask because with two known brand names, Quick Chek and Oreo, does the store need permission to use the cookie's name/flavors in it's products? Hmmm, any thoughts?

Nom nom,
Kelly

p.s. the background is a chair we have in the living room... in my opinion, it belongs on VH1's I love the '80s.

1 comment:

  1. I love QC sandwiches, second to student center cafe sandwiches haah

    ReplyDelete