Monday, May 10, 2010

the black cupcakes

Cost: $4.00
Location: Some sample sale shop in Englewood, NJ (that is no longer in business).
My stomach doesn't feel very well tonight. So despite the fact that there is a delicious cupcake in the fridge awaiting me to devourer it, I'll have to decline.
Instead however, I will share a story with you about last summer, me, and cupcakes.
Talking about the shop I used to work at in Englewood again, there was a sample sale store around the corner from the boutique I worked it. Every Thursday, they would receive new shipments of fashion accessories (mostly jewelry) and my co-workers and I would take extra long lunch breaks to go check out the stock.
It wasn't long before I came across these earrings.
Perfect, I thought. They were only $4.00 and the cupcakes were black! Now mind you, I've never eaten a black cupcake... but 50% of my wardrobe is black, so they'd pretty much go with anything.
Anyway, they look pretty silly on. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the fact that they are black cupcakes? Maybe they just look cheap?
But even though I rarely ever wear them, I kept them. And look, they came in handy tonight... when I had a tummy ache.

Nom nom,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment