Thursday, May 6, 2010

the beachy cupcake

Flavor: Vanilla
Cost: $2.00 (approximately)
Location: Swiss Chalet Bakery in Morristown, NJ
Hola friends! Today was probably one of my favorite days of the year! Why, you ask? Well because it's the day AFTER the busiest day of the year (for me).
I went to my newest job today (at the wedding invitation shop) and couldn't wait to start designing again.
When my co-worker mentioned a trip to the local bakery, I casually requested that she please bring me back a cupcake.
She asked me what kind, but I told her I didn't care and anything (not peanut butter) would be great. To be honest, I was just curious as to see what kind of treat she'd bring back for me.
Well, she brought back this festive dessert that is a small reminder of what's coming up real soon: summer.
If it isn't already summer (I'm pretty bad with the official start dates of seasons), it's right around the corner.
This semester is coming to an end, and I'll be able to dedicate more time to work! (yes you read that correctly, I'm actually happiest when I'm busy and at work... real work, not school work).
Also, Cristofer's family lives down in South Jersey, so I can't wait to go spend sporadic days lounging by his pool and going to beach. Maybe I'll make a second attempt at surfing? (Last year's operation get Kelly up on a board ended with two very bruised knees).
Does anyone have any interesting summer plans?
As for the cupcake, although my co-worker had rave reviews about the bakery, I was somewhat unimpressed. The cake was a bit dry and the icing tasted like that fake 'whip cream' that was just too 'fluffy' and not enough flavor.
Since I'll be working across the street from it all summer, I'll most likely give it another try later on. Maybe it's just one of those dessert shops that taste better in chocolate!

Nom nom,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. way to name the image crabby haha

    I think you're the octpus

    ReplyDelete