Wednesday, May 5, 2010

the factory cupcake

Flavor: Chocolate w/ Cream
Cost: $0.50
Location: Nameless Convenience Store in Bloomfield, NJ
Irony- Some of the best novels in literature history use a dose of the dramatic element, and Alanis Morissette wrote a whole song about it. But when it happens to you it can sometimes just be unfortunate. Case and point: today's cupcake (if you can call it that)
No more then 24 hours ago (!!!) was I blogging about my appreciation for bakers to put TLC into their delicious cupcake desserts... when what happens? I get one that sat on a shelf for months, I'm sure.
Today was the single busiest day of the year for the marketing company I work for. I remember specifically thinking
"whatever happens, make sure you get a cupcake SOMEWHERE today. No matter what!"
Well, I arrived to Bloomfield today for my work a half hour early, so I went across the street to a convenience store that looked straight out of the '90s. I think it was the faded posters in the front window and the fact that they were so proudly advertising an 'atm' that gave it that 'vintage' feel.
Obviously I wasn't going to come across some homemade gourmet treat, so I settled for what I could find: A Little Debbies chocolate cupcake with the white swirl design and cream filling. YUK.
I really didn't like those things as a child, and quite frankly I'm not sure why I thought I'd like it now... but to no surprise, I didn't enjoy it.
I took two bites, and couldn't even give the rest away to my roommates. I think it's the fake whipped cream in the middle.
I don't know how they even consider these things cupcakes! (According to the wrapper, they are labeled as so).
Sorry for anyone who likes these... they just aren't my bag, baby. And sorry for the drab entry... it's been a long day.

Nom nom,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. haha those things are good, they come in orange flavor too! hahaaa

    ReplyDelete