Friday, May 14, 2010

the ice cream cupcake

Flavor: Chocolate
Cost: $2.99
Location: Camille's Cafe in Morristown, NJ
"What's that?"
I asked, directing my view to a tasty looking treat in a refrigerator. I was ordering a sandwich on my lunch break at a cafe across the street, and my attention was caught by something I noticed in a cupcake wrapper.
"That is a chocolate dessert, for the children," said the foreign man taking my order.
After I checked the perimeter for any nearby children who might also be interested in the sweet treat, I was fortunate enough to realize it was meant to be mine.
"I'd like it, please," I said.
The store employee laughed, and put it in a to-go container and a bag for me.
Once I was back across the street at work, I pulled my what I then thought was 'cake' out of the bag.
It was cold. Not just cold, frozen.
It then made sense. The man never did call it a cupcake....
After closer examination, I realized that it was a scoop of ice cream molded into a semi-circle. But the strange thing was that it was covered in a layer of what tasted-like, looked-like and shared the similar texture of cake.
Whatever it was, it was pretty amazing.
The eyes and ears of this little guy was made out of white and dark semi-sweet chocolate.

Nom nom,
Kelly



1 comment: