Tuesday, May 18, 2010

the british cupcake

Cost: £12.00
Location: The Design Museum in London, England
Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I wanted two things:
1. To eat cupcakes for the rest of my life
2. To go to England
This past January, I accomplished the latter goal on that list.
I went with my college to study Graphic Design, and without going into too much detail I very much enjoyed the trip.
One of our tourist stops abroad was the Design Museum. This particular museum featured graphic, industrial and architectural design. The exhibits themselves, in my opinion, were average... but the gift shop was awwwwesome.
I couldn't decide what I wanted to spend my money on because I pretty much wanted to buy everything. I settled on this coffee mug because a. I love coffee, b. I love cupcakes c. I love typography.
What does typography have to do with this mug? Simple. It's called "and cupcake mug" by design anonymous and on the opposite side of the cupcake, an ampersand is printed. Genius.
Anyway, it's made out of something called 'Bone China' which I soon realized means VERY fragile.
I haven't used the mug yet. I think I'm afraid to break it, and because I got in London it would be hard to replace.
When my mother saw me looking at it today she smiled and said, "There's that cherry again."

Nom nom,
Kelly

2 comments: