Monday, May 17, 2010

the cupcake I should have written about Sunday

Flavor: Chocolate Covered Strawberry
Cost: $2.00
Location: C'Mere Cupcakes in Hackettstown, NJ
As the title describes, this is a cupcake from Sunday.
I went to visit my best friend who lives in Budd Lake, and she told me about a cupcake place near by. I'm always excited to visit places that specialize in cupcakes.
After a ten minute drive, we found ourselves in the parking lot of C'Mere Cupcakes. The interior of the shop was welcoming, with tables and chairs and a cupcake pillow. Behind a display case, over 20 different varieties of cupcakes were showcased.
Chrissy quickly opted to go for the carrot cake, but I took a little longer to decide.
The girl working seemed less then thrilled (as most bakery shop employees are) with my internal conflict of deciding which flavor to go with. Perhaps also contributing to her sour mood was the fact that the shop was closing in the next 30 minutes.
Eventually, I settled on chocolate cake with chocolate icing topped with a strawberry.
We went back to Chrissy's apartment and indulged.
Surprisingly, the strawberry tasted fresh. The icing however, was a bit flaky and had that
'I've been sitting on a shelf for a few hours' texture.
The cake however, was moist and delicious. I would recommend this place to people in the area, but suggest you go an hour or so before closing.

Nom nom,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment