Sunday, May 16, 2010

the cupcake(s) for mark's birthday

Flavor: Chocolate/Chocolate
Cost: Free (homemade by my roommate Brittany)
Location: Mi Casa en Morristown, NJ
First, you may or may not have noticed there is no post from yesterday. This is because I have a new found interest in my life: Beer. I'm 23, and since recently I never really cared much for the taste of 'cold brewski.' However, lately I've grown quite fond enjoying a nice chilled Heineken Light, and yesterday my roommates and I decided to celebrate the beginning of summer... Needless to say I had two beers too many and my head hit the pillow before I remembered to blog...
But this is not a beer blog, this is a cupcake blog... so onto the desserts!
Today we celebrated yet again (this times sans the beer). It was my roommate Mark's birthday, so Brittany and I opted on homemaking some celebratory cupcakes for the occasion. Whilst the boys were all out at band practice, Britt and I decorated and baked in honor of our roommate.
He was very surprised, and happy.
We put M&M's as decorations on the treats because they were in Britt's Car (we told Mark, however, they were strategically picked out because his name starts with M).
The reason why the cupcakes in the title of this blog is plural (as opposed to my singular earlier formats) is because I had three.
1. Right of the oven, melted icing and all.
2. With the group (because everyone else was doing it).
3. After they had been sitting out for 30 minutes.
Each was just as tasty as the last, but I think, especially with swimsuit season coming up, I should just stick to one a day.

Nom nom (nom),
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment