Thursday, May 13, 2010

the postponed cupcake

Flavor: Vanilla/ Cream
Cost: $3.99
Location: Whole Foods in Madison, NJ (gift from Cristofer)
Last week, Cristofer had a big smile on his face. "I got you a surprise!"
The funny thing is, I somewhat assumed it would be a cupcake, and I smiled too. It was in fact, a cupcake.
The upsetting news: it was from Whole Foods, and it was seemingly sans chocolate.
There was, however, a pretty pink flower on top, but the dessert didn't look too tasty (to me).
With risk of sounding like a snob, I was avoiding eating it.
Everyday since, Cristofer would ask me "Have you eaten your flower cupcake yet?" or remind me "Don't forget you have that cupcake in the fridge at home to eat!"
Well tonight, I finally faced it, while he was out with his friends.
And to no surprise to me, I was less then thrilled with the taste. I debated on tossing the evidence and just leaving the empty wrapper on the counter, but I couldn't. I didn't want to lie to him. Therefore, I stood over the sink and continued to eat.
He came home while I was mid-bite, and asked me how it was.
I couldn't lie anymore.
"I don't like it," I admitted.
Cristofer smiled. "Then don't eat it," he joked, still smiling.
I gave him a big hug and thanked him for the gift, but explained to him I was less then impressed with Whole Foods baked goods.
Needless to say, he was very understanding.
Moral: Honesty ='s Good.

Nom nom,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Good story...good morale. I wonder though, if having it sit in the fridge for a week somewhat degraded the flavor!? It didn't look so hot in the picture though. Interesting that Whole Foods can't turn out a decent cupcake!

    ReplyDelete