Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the cupcake that contributes to my reputation

Flavor: Chocolate and Cheesecake w/ Chocolate Chips
Cost: $4.99/6
Location: Farmers Market in Allendale, PA
This past weekend, my sister Kathy went to a farmer's market in PA. When I saw her, she had a big smile on her face.
"I got you a cupcake!"
At that point, I smiled too. For the second time this week, someone brought me a cupcake because of this blog! I really enjoy writing it, but getting cupcakes from friends and family... well that takes the cake =) (ok ok, the puns are getting out of hand I know)
Anyway, she told me how when she saw the 3 bakery tables she felt compelled to find a treat to take home for me. However, most of the tables looked like they were closing up, so she bought a 6 pack of pre-packaged cakes.
They were actually pretty amazing! Cheesecake is always tasty, and the chocolate chips were a nice bonus.
The pack was labeled with the brand Kiffle Kitchen, and after doing research on the web I read they create all of their baked goods from scratch. Although I have no confirmation this is absolutely true, I love how so many bakeries create cupcakes with TLC :)
Since my sister gave me 5 cupcakes (she gave one to her boyfriend), I came home and shared 4 with my friends. They too enjoyed the dessert.
If getting free cupcakes isn't great enough, my friend Lisa called me this weekend and upon hanging up she ended the conversation with "talk to you later cupcake!"
Having a reputation as a cupcake lover is sweet...
(pun again, sorry :x )

Nom nom,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. OK, the challenge gauntlet is thrown...now I have to seek out a "perfect" cupcake for you to blog about...stay tuned....

    ReplyDelete