Friday, April 30, 2010

the second chance cupcake

Flavor: Chocolate/Vanilla
Cost: $3.99
Location: Whole Foods in Madison, NJ
Today was all about second chances and forgiveness. My cupcake story parallels events that happened in my life today, but I'm not getting into the personal stuff [sorry, you'll have to buy the book for that].
What warrants a second chance? Is it trying to replace an original outcome? Or do we truly just believe things will change and evolve to a better state? Take for example, my Whole Foods experience- part deux.
It was my recommendation that brought Cristofer and myself to the bakery of the organic health food shop again tonight. The same bakery that sold me the god awful 'cornbread' cupcake. Luckily, the original miserable shop-help must have had the evening off.
The lady working tonight was a little more polite and pleasant, and didn't seem to mind my above average time frame it took to choose my treat.
I opted to go for another ritzy one, though this time with chocolate.
As we drove home, I have to admit I was too tempted to not try it. Was it going to be the same ill-fated dessert experience as the last from Whole Foods?
I am happy to report, nay.
The dessert was tasty. Moist cake, sweet icing, fun sprinkles. Yum.
Note: I will admit the oreo cookie was subpar. As what happens to most, it wasn't crunchy anymore... possibly from sitting on top of a cupcake in a damp refrigerated display case. That probably has something to do with it, huh?
Anyway, I guess my point today is this: even though something doesn't work out the way you'd like it to the first time... you can always go back and make sure you get chocolate.

Nom nom,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Is it supposed to be a face, or sushi-themed? the sprinkles look gooooddddd

    ReplyDelete