Monday, April 26, 2010

the celebratory cupcake

Flavor:Mint Chocolate Chip
Cost: $2.50
Location: Tart & Tufo in Morristown, NJ

First, let me say happy week-iversary to my tasty blog! Thanks to all of my loyal followers and those who pop over sporadically to take a peak. I really appreciate the support =) .
I can honestly say, for the past 7 days, I have looked forward to the 20 minutes I spend a night photographing and blogging about cupcakes as much as 7-year-olds look forward to nomming on them at their classmate's birthday parities. Ok ok, nomming on them is also one of my favorite parts too...
So, today was the last day of my internship in Manhattan. And although it was quite the learning experience, it is certainly a relief to no longer have to spend money to go somewhere I wasn't getting paid to be... for 8 hours... twice a week... since January.
Also, a side note, I finished a very demanding and involved art history project today that's due next week to get it out the way.
Any who, whilst on the train and forwarding my 'internship complete' text to a handful of friends, one of my roommates, Brittany, was the first to respond back.
"Cupcakes and champagne tonight." No question mark. No questions at all, the girl can read my mind.
After dinner, Cristofer and I made a trip to the local pastry shop. It was raining tonight, but that didn't stop the determination I had to get my treat.
It only took approximately 3 minutes of internal debating before I opted for a mint chocolate chip cupcake. No particular reason, I really just wanted to switch it up.
So tonight, as Britt, Cristofer and I pop a bottle of bubbly and snack on our yummy desserts, I dedicate this little minty cup of yum to the end of an unpaid internship, the completion of a project and the persistence of sharing my cupcake passion every night for an entire week.

Nom nom,
Kelly

p.s. it is completely coincidence that I happened to get my cupcake tonight from the same place I got my cupcake from last Monday... but who knows, maybe this will turn into some sort of Monday tradition ;)

2 comments:

  1. First, let me say a big congrats on finishing your art project!! Second, YAY!! for finishing internship, third...that cupcake looks simply divine...you didn't mention how it tasted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't eat it till after the post... it was amazing! the icing wasn't too strong, but it added just the right amount of sweetness and the cake was moist and crumby... in a good way =)

    ReplyDelete