Friday, April 23, 2010

the corporate cupcake

Flavor: Double Chocolate
Cost: $2.25
Location: Starbucks in Denville, NJ
Happy Friday! After a long day at my unpaid internship, Cristofer and I decided we deserved to go out for a nice dinner date. But even more then the dinner itself, I was most excited about dessert. After depriving myself of my favorite sweet treat yesterday, it was hard to think about anything other then enjoying a cupcake today.
So after dinner, Cristofer and I drove around Main Street in Denville. After failing to locate a local bakery or dessert shop in the area, we popped into Starbucks after I remembered recently noticing that the coffee house now served cupcakes.
There was one double chocolate cupcake left sitting on the display plate, and I melted. Pink icing. The chocolate cupcake had pink icing. It was such a perfect looking treat, the only way I could describe the color of the frosting is 'pink icing.' The little detailed pearls were a great substitute to ordinary sprinkles. This was a chic-looking cupcake. And it was mine :)
I was excited the actual cake was chocolate, because as of right now
I think every cupcake should have a little bit of chocolate in it.
Unfortunately, the dessert did tasted a little 'hey, I've been sitting on this shelf for a little while...'. Luckily, it was only a little while (or so it only tasted that way).
I was a bit apprehensive about what a 'chain' cupcake would taste like. Could they really be able to perfect or even remotely make an honest attempt at the craft of cupcake creating?
And I'm happy to say I wasn't completely disappointed. To sum it up, it was no better, or worse, then expected.

Nom nom,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment