Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the bully cupcake

Cost: $8.49
Location: Kohls in Little Falls, NJ
(I found this picture on my phone from a while ago... and figured it's good blogging material for a day I'm going sans a cupcake)
When I was in high school, I wore my fair share of graphic tees.
While browsing through Kohl's department store about a month ago, I was reminded of my early 2000 fashion when I came across a wall of assorted comic t-shirts. My eyes were quickly drawn to the one that had a picture of a cupcake and read:
MUFFINS ARE JUST UGLY CUPCAKES
Thinking my best friend Chrissy would enjoy it as much as I did, I snapped a picture and sent to her. I received the standard 'lol' text back.
Well, clearly a lot more people enjoyed this one because it's sold out.
But here's what gets me: Apparently it was scratch and sniff?!? On a t-shirt?! Had I have realized this upon my first encounter with the blouse, I think I would have purchased it right there on the spot [though would it have ended up in my 'cupcakes i'll never use' collection? I guess we'll never know].
I'm not a big muffin fan... at all. Why have a muffin when you can have a CUPCAKE? Sometimes, you don't have a choice. You know what I choose at that point? Nothing.
But now I feel like I'm just being a bully too. I mean, that is one tough cupcake* (pun intended).
So muffins, I apologize for this shirt. And although I'm not one of them, there are plenty of people out there in the world who will eat you. I promise.

Nom nom,
Kelly

*Jar

1 comment: