Wednesday, April 28, 2010

the cupcake with deceiving looks

Flavor: Vanilla/ Chocolate
Cost: $1.50
Location: C'est Cheese in Morristown, NJ
It was another one of those "I'll try not to have a cupcake" days... as you can see from the photo, that didn't exactly work out.
Earlier today, I was leaving for my lunch break at work when I casually mentioned to the two ladies I work with I was headed into town. One of them requested a cookie or something equally as tasty. It was only a few seconds later when the word cupcake popped out of my mouth, and both ladies turned around and smiled [even the one who said she didn't want anything to begin with... ahhh the power of cupcakes ;) ].
So, I was headed over to my favorite dessert place in town when I realized, I still needed to eat lunch!
Local sandwich shop C'est Cheese is only a few doors down, so I figured I might as well eat something that normal people consider lunch before I rock out with a treat.
As soon as I walked through the door, my eyes immediately spotted: you guessed it, the cupcakes. For as long as I've lived in Morristown and as often as I've gone into this particular eatery, I had NEVER seen a cupcake there in my life! I obviously felt obligated to try one.
I did feel somewhat bad, promising my co-workers beautiful cupcakes from a bakery and realizing I'd show up with these little guys that looked like they were made in someone's home kitchen.
I told my story to the girl behind the counter and she laughed. She then told me about a story where she once ate a cupcake that looked really good, but it was lacking in taste. Then she said
"these are made from scratch."
At this point, my curiosity got the best of me,
and I wasn't leaving without one.
After all, I did kind of sort of learn my lesson with the CORN BREAD =/ ....
I didn't have my camera at work, so I knew I'd have to wait until late at night to enjoy the sucker...
Well, I just finished it, and I can honestly say: it was worth the wait.
The poor thing took quite a beating today, what with me walking around town with it and sitting in my car for a while (hence, the distressed-looking cupcake in the photo). But despite the less then model-esque appearance, I give it an A on taste.
My favorite part was the icing. It was creamy and melty and absolutely delicious. The cake was pretty good too, though nothing to write home about.

Nom nom,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. UGLY

    there I said it hahaha

    or maybe just unconventional

    ReplyDelete