Thursday, April 29, 2010

the cupcake for a cause

Flavor: Funfetti!/ Strawberry
Cost: $1.50
Location: Montclair State University in Montclair, NJ
Before I tell you about my cupcake adventure today, something very serious[ly funny] happened this evening.
Of course I had been making jokes about gaining weight with all of my recent cupcake binges, and what comes shortly after impractical jokes? Why a fresh dose of reality of course!
Tonight, while I was bending over to pick-up my phone, I ripped my pants. (Yes, like spongebob).
Right - down - the -middle.
Now granted, the jeans were a little worn, but can I really make excuses? =/ I mean, I have pretty much been eating a cupcake a day for over a week now.
I think I'm going to have to reevaluate the best way about continuing this blog before I can't fit through the door.
Anyway, here is the story about today's cake:
It was only a matter of time before I passed a bake sale table, and today was that day...
Right before my French class on the first floor of university hall, two young ladies were sitting behind a counter with, you guessed it- cupcakes.>
Even though it put me about $0.75 in debt to my bff, I was happy to donate to a cause.
The bake sale was for 'Team Nicaragua', and to my understanding they were collecting money to fund a trip to the country to educate themselves about the lifestyles of the locals.
It was loud in the hallway as the girls discussed the program, so I'm sorry to say I don't know more about it. But to be quite honest, right now I'm a little more distracted what with this big ol' hole in my pants. Anyway want to go shopping this weekend?

Nom nom,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Wow...sorry about your pants...that sux!! However, since I saw you yesterday, I can honestly say, you don't look any heavier...I'm thinking just weak fabric!!?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the cupcake worth the $1.50 ?
    heeheheh SHAV SHAV SHAV- do you have any cash??? THERE'S CUPCAKES!!

    ReplyDelete