Wednesday, April 21, 2010

the misleading cupcake

Flavor: "Caramel"
Cost: I'm not sure... it was a business expense from my boss
Location: Anthony David's in Hoboken, NJ
Seriously, I wasn't even planning on eating a cupcake today! In fact, I said 'no cupcake today' when I woke up. That didn't work.
This morning I had a business meeting with my boss. She asked me to meet her in Hoboken at this little breakfast place near Washington. While we were taking a break in between discussing important business lady stuff, I casually mentioned my blog.
"You know they serve cupcakes here," Kim said.
Well that's all it took. At that point, I felt obligated to get one! (Obligated in a good way, of course).
I opted not to get red velvet [which was REALLY REALLY HARD] and try something new.
The woman at the counter recommended "Caramel". Now, I put "Caramel" in quotes because the "Caramel" was not "Caramel" at all. Despite her honest attempt to classify it as something rather then vanilla, I am using my best cupcake flavor judgement to dispute that assumption. Either the woman had never enjoy this particular cake herself, she was misinformed or her taste pallet is off.
All-in-all, to me, this little guy was seemingly butter cream.
It was VERY rich and almost TOO sweet, but I still managed to eat 1/2 of it at 10:00am. The other half was a perfect substitute for my too-busy-to-eat-lunch today meal.

Nom nom,
Kelly

p.s. I have to admit I am quite fond/proud of the picture I took today. What do you think?
p.s.2. That's Kim's chocolate cupcake in the background! Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Picture is AWESOME...makes me want to reach in and grab a bite...so no hint of carmel at all? FALSE ADVERTISING!!

    ReplyDelete