Sunday, April 25, 2010

the cupcake i'm probably never going to use

Cost: $6.95
Location: Sages Pages in Madison, NJ
Back to Madison today! This time I ended up in a small bookstore (j'adore local businesses). Right next to the checkout were little decorative notepads, and upon spinning the rack I came across an adorable cupcake edition. The actual notepad itself is plain white paper, post-it size. It's the outer case that appears to be a delicious dessert, with sweet decorative 'gum drop' accents and a clear coat of glitter glue. To top it off [literally] a dye cut cherry stands out as a 3D element. But after I spent almost $7 and I was walking back to my car, I looked down at my recent purchase.
Did I need this? No. But do I need any of the cupcakes in my life...? Hmm, that's debatable, but for the most part, no. Did I want it? Of course. But am I going to use it? Probably not.
I can almost say I determined I wasn't going to use it even before I actually purchased the thing. It's too impractical of a size for any daily writing I do, and the truth of the matter is I find it almost too precious to carry around in my giant handbag because I'm afraid it'll get bent or even worse, that the cherry would fall off.
So my question is this: whether or not you have a blog, does anyone buy anything they know they most likely aren't going to use, just for the sake of getting that sense of 'this is totally me?'.
I suppose one could argue that I technically just added to my collection.
Either way, I don't exactly regret the purchase, I just wish I wasn't afraid to use it.

Nom nom,
Kelly

p.s. has anyone ever noticed that on most depictions/illustrations of cupcakes, a cherry is used to decorate the top... yet when it comes to actual cupcake treats, how often is a cherry ever found anywhere on the cupcake? Hmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. haha I feel like we've talked about this before ( about the cherry).


    Hey you can use the note pad to write love notes to your one-and-only

    ReplyDelete