Wednesday, July 14, 2010

the we meet again, cupcake

Flavor: Strawberry shortcake/ s'mores
Cost: $2.50 (each)
Location: Hey Cupcake! in Madison, NJ
I've been sitting here for literally 7 minutes typing, back spacing, typing, backspacing, etc. trying to figure out how I am going to start this.
It's like, when you breakup with someone and you see them for the first time after the breakup. Do you talk about your past relationship? Or just pretend like nothing even happened? I guess in this case, the least I could do is explain why it's been so long...
You see, my fellow cupcake lovers, I was gaining a bit (cough, that's kind of an understatement) of weight from enjoying a cup of cake EVERY night. Too much that I figured I'd better give myself some time to recover (especially since we are in fact, in swimsuit season).
Anyway, lately I have been dreaming about and craving a cupcake, so I've given in. A few close friends informed me of a local cupcake shop that opened in Madison this past Spring, and it wasn't until last night I decided to check it out for the first time myself.
Last night... or should I say more like last evening, Cristofer (he's kind of like my unofficial partner in cupcake crime) & I went out there for a post dinner treat. It was approximately 6:15 pm when we arrive at the door only to find the store CLOSED and that it had been for well over an hour.
A cupcake shop- A dessert cupcake shop- that closed at 5:00pm on a SUMMER NIGHT?! Is it just me, or does that seem like bad business?
I don't know, it seems rather early to me...
Needless to say, Cristofer and I were more then careful to arrive well before 5:00pm today (we went around 4:00pm) and I'm not quite sure if it was the rainy day or my pent up resentment of denying me my tasty treat last night, but I had a bad taste in my mouth about this place (metaphorically speaking).
I opted for Strawberry Shortcake and Cristofer chose S'mores.
Mine was ok. I keep forgetting I'm a chocolate-holic however, so we switched 1/2 way through.
Nom nom,
Kelly

1 comment: